We are always looking for dedicated and talented employees.
See our vacancies – you may be just the candidate we are looking for.
German Project Manager for our Barcelona office
AdHoc Translations is looking for a German Project Manager for our Barcelona office
AdHoc Translations has high ambitions, and our vision is to become the preferred language solutions provider for European customers who care about their global communication. As our new German Project Manager, you will play a key role in our continued growth, especially in Germany.
We prioritise a German native speaker for the position who has experience from the industry. Furthermore, we are looking for a person with a strong personality and who is willing to make a difference for our customers.
About the position
The position as Project Manager involves helping our German project management team with servicing our DACH-based customers and attending to their requirements for translation, localization, SEO, etc. You will especially work closely together with our German Senior Project Manager. The role requires interaction with direct clients, internal resources and translation teams.
- Coordinate all phases of the translation projects from quotation to delivery to the client
- Liaise with the sales team to clarify project parameters
- Negotiate deadlines and rates with vendors
- Monitor and control project status to make sure that all deliveries are on time, on budget and of the highest quality
- Follow up with our clients to make sure that they are satisfied and get the best possible service
- Prepare and maintain project documentation, style guides, etc.
- Comply with internal procedures and processes
- Work according to defined KPIs and goals
Key skills required:
- German as mother tongue and fluent in English
- Experience in project management
- Experience from the translation and localisation industry
- Knowledge of localisation technology or other industry applied software: CAT tools, TMS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in speech and writing
- Ability to prioritise when managing multiple projects and stakeholders at the same time
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Passionate about delivering the best possible service to our clients
- Maintaining your sense of humour under all circumstances
What do we offer?
- A top professional environment where your input and ideas are highly valued and your contribution can directly impact our growth, services, processes, etc.
- Flexible working hours (37.5 hours per week), which can be scheduled with your manager (for example from 9 AM to 5 PM).
- An opportunity to grow with AdHoc Translations.
Who is AdHoc Translations?
Headquartered in Copenhagen, AdHoc Translations is a modern translation agency with departments in Germany, Spain and India.
AdHoc Translations always strives to offer unique and tailored solutions to each industry, customer and project. We have 30 years of experience in the industry and are renowned for delivering excellent customer service and high-quality translations.
How to apply for the position?
To apply for the position, please send your CV and application in English to HR@adhoc-translations.com stating ‘German Project Manager’ in the subject line. We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and will complete the recruitment process once we have found the right candidate.
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact our Managing Director in Germany, Tobias Wiesner, on tel. +49 89 5908 1248.
Language Technology Specialist
AdHoc Translations is looking for a Language Technology Specialist
Do you have a passion for language and technology and are you driven and motivated by providing technical solutions to a large portfolio of customers globally? Then the position as Language Technology Specialist at AdHoc Translations might just be something for you. You can be based anywhere in Europe, but it is an advantage if you are based in Spain, Germany or Denmark to be close to our offices.
We are looking for a person with excellent technical skills who wishes to apply his/her specialist knowledge to help AdHoc Translations reach new heights in language technology and system integrations. The successful candidate will be working with everything from translation tools (CAT tools), translation platforms (TMS systems), machine translation, software integrations with our customers’ systems and other solutions and technologies that can help optimise our processes and offer our customers the best possible language technology solutions.
This position is perfect for you if you want to take responsibility and help set the course in a rapidly growing industry. You must keep abreast of developments and have an inquisitive mind to stay on top of new trends in the area.
You will be working closely together with our project managers and sales staff, and you will be in direct contact with our customers when it comes to language technology and system integrations. Your primary role will be to implement integrations between our production tools and the customers’ systems (e.g. CMS, PIM) and you will be the direct link between external developers and the customers. You will not be the one to develop the software, but the job requires good understanding of API and XML.
- Implementing integrations between our production tools and our customers’ platforms (CMS, DMS, PIM etc.).
- Implementing machine translation solutions.
- Guiding internal and external teams and customers in the use of our technical solutions and integrations.
- Supporting internal and external teams in case of technical problems with the use of our production tools (TMS, CAT).
- Guiding existing and potential customers in finding the language technology solutions that best meet their needs.
- Engaging in close cooperation with the project manager team to handle complex file types.
- Cooperating with external technology partners and suppliers.
- Developing new language technology offers.
Personal and professional qualifications:
- Relevant degree in IT, preferably in computational linguistics, software localisation or information science and language technology.
- Experience from the language services industry is mandatory.
- Practical and methodical knowledge of CAT tools (Memsource, SDL Trados Studio, etc.) is an advantage.
- Practical and methodical knowledge of TMS systems (Plunet etc.) is an advantage.
- Practical and methodical knowledge of machine translation.
- Good communication skills and English at a high level.
- Service-minded and customer-oriented.
- Good at taking responsibility and troubleshooting.
- Positive attitude.
Join the AdHoc Team and excel your localisation career!
AdHoc Translations is a modern translation agency with headquarters in Copenhagen and departments in Germany, Spain and India.We offer a dynamic workday together with professional colleagues in an informal atmosphere where we value good ideas and initiatives so that we can develop each other’s skills and jointly contribute to the company’s continued growth.
To apply for the position, please send your CV and application to HR@adhoc-translations.com stating ‘Language Technology Specialist’ in the subject line. We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and will complete the recruitment process once we have found the right candidate.
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact our CEO, Kenneth Loberg on tel. +45 23 71 76 27